Dinner with Jason Morgan (Business Development specialist) and Hisako Sato (Licensed Immigration Consultant). In Montreal.
Canadian Skilled and Unskilled Workers Program
USA EB-5 Overview
• EB-5 is currently the fastest way for high net worth individuals to obtain a U.S. Green Card for
their family. It was created to stimulate the U.S. economy through job creation and capital
investment by foreign investors.
• Investors need to invest only $500,000 per family in an eligible business that will create 10 jobs.
• Your spouse and unmarried children below the age of 21 can be included in your application.
• All investment projects are overseen by a group of highly experienced professionals who will
take care of job creation and overall operation. There is no need to actively participate in the
management of the business.
• It usually takes 18-24 months from the time of your investment to obtain your U.S. Green Card.
• The investment will be fully returned to you. Return of funds strategy varies per project,
however, ours is considered to be one of the best in the market.
• The investment is kept in a secure U.S. escrow account until your application is approved by the
government, at which point it is transferred to the project. It is returned to you immediately if
your application is refused. All our past clients have been fully refunded.
• Your Green Card will be valid for 10 years and you can settle anywhere in the United States.
• The investor must be able to provide complete documentation of the legal source of funds of
the $500,000 investment and $50,000 issuance fees until it is transferred to the U.S. escrow
• The source of funds can be in the form of:
• accumulation of salary,
• bank, business, or personal loan,
• sale of property
• inheritance, etc.
• There is no requirement in terms of business experience, language skill, or education.
• Your visa will be issued in your home country, and you must come to the U.S. to claim your
Conditional Green Card within six months of notice.
Conditional Green Card
• To maintain the Conditional Green Card:
• There is a flexible residency requirement with waiver program available;
• You must have a permanent address in the U.S. (rented apartment or owned property);
• You must keep your full investment in the investment project.
• To remove Conditional Permanent Residence Status:
• You must demonstrate that 10 jobs were created for each investor and that the
investment was maintained in the project;
• An application (I-829) must be submitted 21 months after receiving the Conditional
• Issuance fees of $50,000 covers the expenses involved in market feasibility studies, accounting,
job creation, and other fees to ensure the success of the project.
• Professional fees of $15,000 payable in two installments: $7,500 at the signature of the contract
and $7,500 after the application is approved by the U.S. Government.
• Government fees:
• $3,675 USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) fees
• $345 per person for NVC (National Visa Center) processing fees
• $165 per person for the USCIS Immigrant Fee
• $3,750 USCIS Fee for Petition to Remove Conditional Status (Form I-829) with additional
$85 per person for biometric fee
• Medical examination fees paid to your accredited physician.
• Issuance and professional fees of $65,000 are fully refundable if your application is rejected.
Safety of Investment
• Your investment will go to one of our commercial or residential construction projects located in
rural areas or in areas with higher rates of unemployment.
• These locations make our projects eligible for a considerable amount of government incentives
such as tax credits and subsidies.
• If the project is a rehabilitation of a “certified historic structure,” it is eligible for Historic
• If the project is a residential structure for low income housing, it is eligible for Low
Income Housing Tax Credits.
• In many cities, if the project is used for redevelopment of infrastructure or community
improvement, it is eligible for Tax Increment Financing.
• Other tax credits and government financing methods may be available depending on the
unique situation and location of a specific project.
• These government funds usually add up to a significant percentage of the total budget needed
to finance the project. In addition to the expertise of our experienced professionals, the funds
are used to guarantee the safe and timely return of your investments.
• For all projects, we present investors with a detailed business plan, comprehensive study, and
return of funds strategy.
The Mercan Group of companies consists of five companies, each specializing in sectors of immigration, investment, and, student and foreign worker recruitment.
We currently employ over 120 employees, including licensed immigration consultants, student advisers, financial analysts, career counselors, processing staff and lawyers. With almost 30 years of experience in immigration, investment and recruitment consulting, Mercan Group has built an international network of offices in Canada, China, Philippines, India, Bangladesh, Vietnam, United Arab Emirates, and the United States, as well as agent offices in over 30 countries.
Mercan has helped bring more than 40,000 foreign immigrants to Canada of various origins. Moreover, through our recruitment companies, we brought almost 10,000 foreign workers in Canada, USA, the Middle East, Malaysia and the Caribbean islands. Lastly, under the investor immigrants category, Mercan has raised over $500 million in foreign investment capital in Canada and USA.
EB-5 Regional Centers
Mercan Group partner, AII Funds Team owns and manages two USCIS-designated EB-5 regional center, the Mississippi Development Regional Center. AII Funds also affiliates with several other regional centers around the country, allowing us to undertake projects across the United States.
Regional centers are vital to the EB-5 process because they allow for enhanced ways to count job creation, which provides greater security and protection for investors. EB-5 investors in regional center projects may count not only the directly-created jobs attributed to their investments but also the ones which were indirectly created and induced based upon the infusion of capital in the local economy. AII Funds begins each project by working with an economist who can predict the total job creation that can be expected based upon data about the local environment and the project’s likely costs and later revenues.
Mercan Recent EB-5 Projects